Re: Climate March in Toledo

From: "Tom McDonald" <tommcdona3@PROTECTED>
Date: September 17th 2014
Doug and others,

I met with our AUSCP subcommittee tonight, advising them that the timing of the welcome/media event may impact food preparations on the east side (Helping Hands of Toledo).  Bev Bingle from our group informed me that the food folks have planned a 4PM to 6PM dining span to accommodate the originally planned 5 PM dinner time for the marchers as well as neighbors from the surrounding community.  I've asked Bev to contact the food preparers to ask if they could move their dinner time to 5pm - 7 PM to give the marchers more time to get to Helping Hands after the 4 PM event.  Should this be problelmatic, I'll get back with you to negotiate an earlier time for the press event.  Let's hope it can all flow together.
For what it's worth, I like the Old West End locale for all the reasons mentioned, but think the downtown site would provide more visibility.

Thanks,
Tom McDonald

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 2:59 PM, Mr Douglas Jambard-Sweet <dougiefresh43537@PROTECTED> wrote:

Hello Jimmy,

I was on the planning call yesterday afternoon for your Toledo itinerary.  I checked out your route and noticed it goes down Bancroft Street between Collingwood 7 Cherry.  With a slight modification and decent weather, the Collingwood Garden, a guerilla garden (pic below) located on the corner of Collingwood and Delaware might make a nice rest stop and informal welcome station for y'all before the 4:00 Press Conference.  Just putting it out there.  I discussed with some of the active garden members who indicated they would be glad to welcome you to Toledo.

Let me know if you want to take advantage.  If the weather is cruddy, we can also offer you some indoor resting space at the Glass City Dharma center, which is two blocks from the Press Conference venue.

-Doug Jambard-Sweet 419-351-2958

  • This mailing list is a private mailing list. There may be additional steps in order to join, and the List Owner controls who may leave the mailing list.
  • This mailing list is a group discussion list (unmoderated)
  • Start a new thread, email: people@nwopc.org

Discussion list for core members to plan

Privacy Policy:

all data kept private and not shared with anyone outside core list members